CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, October 4, 2009

Their not just for Pregnacy Tests any more...

In case you are wondering - Yes, that title popped into my head as soon as I realized I would post about our family outing.

Rebecca was feeling under the weather yesterday so I decided since we were not getting together with anyone today I would get up early with the kids and take a road trip to attend a Poultry Swap at the NorthEastern Avicultural Society monthly meeting which is held at the Westford Sportsman's Club in Westford, Massachusetts.

I woke the kids up early this morning and to my surprise Rebecca decided to go along for the ride. I found out about the event from my fellow BYC members and was excited to see the different types of chickens, ducks, geese, game birds, exotic tropical birds and lots of different types of bunnies.

Before departing I checked the web site one final time for the address and was thrilled to find out that they were going to have a Falconry demonstration / informational session.

We had no plans on purchasing anything today but our hearts were stolen by a pair of little girl bunnies (Yes I verified this when I got home as we don't want them to multiply!) who we named Sadie and Miley. They are a mix of Dwarf and Mini-Rex so they should remain small and seem to enjoy human interaction. Sadie is similar in color to an eastern cottontail and Miley has the white patches and blue eyes (in the pictures they are red from the camera flash.









3 comments:

Jeff and Michelle said...

Cute!

Charlie's Mom said...

Awh, they are so cute. The lady with hawk was impressive, too. Looks like all of you had a fun day. Today was the last day of the Big E and another time went by that we did not go. Also the Berlin Fair was this weekend, too. Maybe next year!!!
Love,
Mom

Robb said...

Raptors and rabbits at the same event, perfect combo. I can't help but imagine lots of carnage :)