CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Pain in the Butt - I wish!


So this Post will be more of a "feel sorry for me" more than anything else but I have nothing else of interest to write about at this time.


Sunday I decided to work on my yard chores - mowing the lawn, cleaning the chicken coop, spread the left over pile of top soil around... you get the picture. Well I got most of it done when I notices the logs I have been using as seats around my fire pit. I was originally planning on burning them at my annual cookout but due to the lack of night owls we let the fire burn out before midnight and I left them for another day.

In my unorganized madness to clean up the yard I decided to move all the logs into a pile so I could mow the back yard and have ease in splitting them the next day. Well as my luck would have it while moving the last log I lost my balance and while trying not to crush my self with a log I strained myself and felt a pain like I have never felt before - I can only imagine what you

women go through during childbirth!

With the help of Ariel and Rebecca I managed to get back into the house and remained in bed for the next 2 days. After 2 days and no relief in site I made myself a doctors appointment. My first appointment was with the chiropractor who after taking x-rays was quite surprised with my happy demeanor. My pelvis was shifted forward and several of my lumbar vertebrae were twisted causing my spine to look more like a stair case than a curving seductive spine!


I received my first adjustment and decided to see how I felt. Later that morning the pain in my stomach/groin area was still quite noticeable so I made an appointment to see my general physician. After a morning of poking, pulling and pushing I found out that I did not have a hernia. It turns out the muscles in my groin were torn but had not intertwined with each other.
I was given strict orders to lay low which means I'm out of work for the next week and to ensure I remain in a useless stupor they prescribed me some muscle relaxers!


Hopefully I will be with it enough to post something interesting during the next week (maybe some pictures of my hot wife mowing the back yard in her Daisy Duke's outfit!) if not you will surly be able to find me entertaining my self on FaceBook!

4 comments:

Jackie said...

well, it coulda been worse, right? sorry you have to lay low but maybe it's a blessing in disguise...hope you heal quickly.

Anonymous said...

Had to leave this comment, Son, The most important men in my life, except Christ being the first and foremost important, I have both my sons laid up with injuries and my husband, Roger, who fits in quite well with the injury competition---Stephen was injured horsing around with a friend, Roger, while playing vollyball, slid into base like he was playing baseball and received a nice big red infection all around his stomach and to make matters even more competitive----broke the tip of his finger on his left hand (the hand he writes with)!!!!!! My, my, my, I can only say: "God Bless and Heal the three of you".
Mom

HomeGrownLife said...

You have my pity. Back injuries can be insanely painful. Hoping you recover soon and that Becky doesn't have to do too much yard work while you're healing!!!

Sensei Mitch said...

All I can say is ouch!

When Rebecca told us the three guys at the club, myself included bent forward slightly...you most certainly have my sympathy!