CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

The Grand Stand!

I have been saving up my Cabela's points and when I thought about what I wanted to purchase it was an easy decision. With archery season upon us here in the Great North Woods and gun season just around the corner, I decided it was time to upgrade some of my equipment. The entire time I was considering what to purchase the faces of my two wonderful children kept flashing before my eyes, It was then and there that I knew what I needed to get.

Anyone who knows me is aware that some of my best memories were made while hunting and fishing with my Dad. I have been blessed with 2 kids who started showing interest in hunting at an early age (Ariel's first deer hunt was at the age of 3!) and we have already started making some memories of our own.

Now when I went hunting as a kid my tree stand was just that... a tree! I can remember fall afternoons spent wandering the woods looking for the perfect pine tree to limb out and the cold winter mornings spent sitting on a branch in said tree wishing I had a commercial built tree stand with a nice comfy seat.

I decided my kids deserve better than that, so I went out and bought a tree stand that would make their hunting experience a good one, (this is my excuse for spending so much $$ and I'm sticking to it)!

I spent last night putting my new purchase together all the while my children squealing with excitement behind me. They were quite surprised at how high the stand was but both declared they were up to the challenge. Tonight with the help of my hunting season widow, (aka. My Wife - Rebecca) I put the stand up in the back yard, minus the add on camo blind and before we could blink - the kids were up, up, and away into the "GRAND STAND" as Alex called it!

I look forward to many mornings spent watching the sun rise while sitting side-by-side with my kids and the satisfaction of watching the sun set after spending an entire day together. There is also the anticipation of the conversations we will have and the life long memories of spending time together in awe of God's awesome Creation and possibly filling our freezer with healthy low fat venison.

So. until my back is well enough to move the stand into the woods of our favorite deer hunting grounds it will be in the back yard; where if you look closely as you pass by - you just might see one of our next generation of deer hunters sitting quietly looking for their next dinner!






5 comments:

HomeGrownLife said...

Nothing like posing up in a tree stand!

Jackie said...

fancee! you'll be hunting in style...

Anonymous said...

What a nice tree stand. Made my Grandchildren real happy, too!! What a grand thing to do, Son. You are the Greatest Father in the World (well with God the Father as 1st). I know your children already have some wonderful memories.
Love you soooooooooo much,
Mom

Sensei Mitch said...

Glad to see I am not the only one to busy to post! Hope all is well with everyone, talk to you soon.

Tom Loftus said...

I don't think that chairlift is going to get you up the mountain anytime soon.