CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Happy Anniversary Rebecca

While I know that Anniversary's are generally an occasion shared between a couple I wanted to let the world know how much I appreciate my lovely wife.

Rebecca,

It seems like just yesterday that I became infatuated with you (the cute little girl with long braided hair) and I found myself pleading with my mother to let me buy you a balloon and a card (rather than one of those cheap generic valentines) to give you on Valentines Day in grade school. Over the years we had our moments as friends and I am still in disbelief that you finally came around to my way of thinking and we became a couple(Remember 10-5-92 Rescued?), I am also still in disbelief that your parents approved! It felt like an eternity between dating and marriage but when the day came there was no doubt you were the one for me. While Valentines day has had its ups and downs during our journey through life I feel like celebrating and treating every day with you like the masses due on that one specific holiday.

As I look back over the past 16 years (13 of them married) I remember the times we spent together in college Accounting class, fancy dinners at the drive-in, our wedding day (and NIGHT!), buying our first house, our first puppy, our first camping trip, the day I realized you were pregnant with Ariel, the day I realized you were pregnant with Alex, experiencing parenthood together, family vacations and every single day in between.

You have supported me through hair loss, multiple career changes, hunting and fishing seasons, as well as moving (we all know you had the hard part - packing and unpacking). While I have had the pleasure of changing you into a person who likes country music, Nascar and Monster Trucks, I can honestly say there is nothing I would want to change about you. You have made me a better man and I can't imagine going through life without you.

I love the fact that my silly antics still make you smile, I love that you don't look down on me when I need a shoulder to cry on, I love that we have fun and enjoy being with each other whether we go out for a night on the town or if we just stay home and do nothing.

Thank you for being an Awesome wife, a Fabulous mother and my best friend. I look forward to many more years together. I love you!

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY
Love,
C.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful writing for Rebecca to keep in her heart!!! I remember the balloon and card, too. I think I knew that day that Rebecca would someday become your wife. I, too, have always loved her.

Valentine's Day was special to your Dad and I. We used to compete as to who would get the biggest card. He went to be with the Lord that day so we would always remember him but I know that he would want you to make it special between you and Rebecca. We know that he is with the Lord and not in pain anymore---that is a relief and a blessing. It will always be a bittersweet memory for me, too. Someday we will all be reunited with all those we have had to say "goodbye". I believe they will be there to help us along the way.

Love,
Mom

Jackie said...

This blog has really brought out your sentimental side...you've written so many beautiful tributes! Who knew?!

Happy Anniversary to you both.

HomeGrownLife said...

I totally missed this post... ah, congratulations. I remember your wedding well. What an amazing love story.