CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, December 19, 2009

Building Memories

Here are some more pictures of the 2 days the kids and I spent hunting together. Alex and I didn't see any deer during our day together in the woods but we did have a flock of more than 30 wild turkeys milling around our tree stand which was very entertaining and an experience that I'm sure Alex will remember for years to come. I wish I had more time this year to spend in the woods with the kids but at the same time I am extremely grateful to have a job during these trying times and thankful that we are busy. Despite only having 2 days to spend together hunting, I know that all 3 of us made memories that will last a lifetime. It's amazing how often I recall quiet days spent in the woods bow hunting and chilly mornings spent hunting rabbits with my dad . Those are memories that I cherish and I pray that my kids will have the same feelings when they are older and recall the days we spent hanging out from sunrise to sunset enjoying the great outdoors together one-on-one.

My Forest Ninja
04:00 and already smiling
Sneaking in a quick nap
11 hours later and still smiling!

1 comments:

Charlie's Mom said...

They both look very happy to be their Dad hunting. I am so happy that you spend time with them.

Am all set with two beautiful cuts of corned beef for Christmas Eve dinner and have the gifts all wrapped!! Can't wait!!!
Mom