CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, May 4, 2012

Alex's Birthday - 2/28/12

   
     Alex and I were seasons ticket holders for the 2011-2012 AHL CT Whale Hockey team. It turned out they had an 11:00 game on the morning of Alex's birthday. I decided that we would spend the day as a family and the kids got the day off from school and I took a vacation day so I could enjoy the all day celebration.

 
     For his birthday I surprised him with a Zamboni ride during the first and second period of the game and they also wished him a "Happy Birthday" over the PA System and on the Jumbo Tron!


     It was an amazing game - It was tied at the end of regulation, then scoreless through overtime and we ended up deciding the game in a shootout which our team dominated! Every time our team scores 2 goals during a period everyone in attendance gets a free taco from Moe's so I bet you can guess where we went for lunch!


After Lunch we decided to go shopping at several of the area Toy stores between Hartford and Springfield where Alex was able to use the cash and gift cards he received for his birthday to purchase the different items he had on his wish list. The day went by fast and once again our minds turned to food. Alex requested a steak dinner so we headed off to Texas Roadhouse for the early dinner specials.


After dinner we finished Alex's shopping spree at Toys-R-Us to pick up Nerf guns and Skylander's and then headed over to the local Friendly's restaurant for some ice cream. I was a great day spent together as a family and while Alex had the most fun I can honestly say that Ariel, Rebecca and I all enjoyed every aspect of his special day too! To finish out his Birthday celebration Alex and I took a road trip to Maine to watch our team play the Portland Pirates and spend the weekend with my cousin Rick and his wife Lynne, more on that in my next post.

0 comments: