CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, October 21, 2012

The Pitter Patter of Paint Brushes

So the last time I had a chance to post I was just starting to spruce up the house with the plethora of paint I purchased. I am happy to say I made some serious progress this week after taking a vacation day and the aid of my GWOC (guaranteed weekend off call.) I took lots of pictures throughout the progression but decided that I can't stand pictures were everything is disorganized so I am posting the pictures I took after Rebecca started cleaning up after me. I have to say my hatred of painting was renewed during this project although I now realize I don't mind painting the walls its the doors and trim that make me grumpy. Thankfully my wife is an amazing woman who is not only my helper in every step of life but also is a great painter of trim and turned this weekend into a success. I was able to put up most of the corner trim which really added a great touch to the walls and will hopefully protect the corners from me, the kids and our dog Navarre. I now only have the Master Bedroom, the kids bathroom and the ceilings left and if all goes as planned I will be finished by Thanksgiving.

 View of the hallway and back dining area wall.
 Entrance way and front wall
 Another view of the hallway corner trim
 Facing the kitchen breakfast bar
View into the kitchen and laundry areas
 Kitchen overhang accent
 Ariel's room with new furniture
 Ariel chilling out in her messy room :)

2 comments:

Jackie said...

wow, that's a lot of painting. everything looks great!

Debbie said...

So, if you're done by Thanksgiving... you'll be available before Christmas ...right? LOLOLOL