CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Twas' a Very Merry Christmas

This Christmas was filled with Joy, Peace, Love, Family and of course plenty of food. Luke and Jackie made the trip from PA. with the kids to spend Christmas with us which was the highlight of Alex's holiday season as he was able to spend quality time with his cousins. Grandpa and Uncle Kenny spent a day with us which resulted in some candid family photos we will cherish for years to come.

This year we spent some time as a family every night of December reflecting on the Advent season and examining the reasons why we celebrate Christmas. It made the holiday special and with the days spent visiting with different family members it seemed like Christmas was over a week long!

As is our tradition we spend Christmas Eve with my Mom and Roger. This year I finally convinced my mother to relax and enjoy the night with us and I made the dinner. My cousin Kim and Debbie made a surprise visit which made us all happy, especially my Mother.

Christmas morning was spent listening to the kids open their stockings and eventually getting dragged out of bed by Alex so we could all open our presents. We were truly blessed this year and while the presents make the day exciting and fun, I found myself reflecting on my family and how much they mean to me. After a breakfast of Eggnog and fruit danishes we took the trip to Rebecca's parents house to spend the remainder of the day. In addition to Mom, Dad, Luke, Jackie and the kids,  Nina, Uncle Fred and Aunt Joy were all there to celebrate with us. 

I was the annoying person with the camera whenever I was around this week but thanks to my persistence with the snapping of the shutter I have a great slide show below with which I can use to share the memories of our families 2012 Christmas Celebrations.

1 comments:

Jenn O'B said...

"I was the annoying person with the camera..."

That's me ALL YEAR LONG! :)

Great pics and post!

Jenn