CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, November 30, 2014

Too much to list...

Today I was reflecting on how much different life was today compared to a year ago. This time last year I was still using a cane and a walker to get around. I was stuck in the house, unable to drive and the only time I was able to enjoy the outside was being taken to my follow up appointments with the surgeon. There were a few occasions when Rebecca was at work I was able to convince Alex into help me into the upper section of woods on our property where we cut down small trees for making walking sticks!

 Mid-November 2013

This year I was able to take both my kids hunting, enjoy several days in the woods with some great friends and even shoveled the driveway after both of the snowfalls we have had so far which may seem like no big deal to some but I am obsessed with a clear driveway and although I was appreciative of  Rebecca and the kids taking care of it last year I will admit it drove me crazy not doing it my way!

There is so much to be thankful for but here are a few of the things I am most appreciative of:

My wife Rebecca  She is the glue that holds our family together and makes it complete. She is my best friend and every day that we are together is better than the last.



My Kids Ariel and Alex  I never dreamed I would grow up and be responsible enough to have kids of my own some day and here I am the father of two teenagers. I may not always have the answers to life's questions but I love learning them with you both hand in hand.




My health  Now part of this is thanks to Rebecca although I still sneak a little extra butter into my cooking every now and then! Just over a year ago I was really struggling with the pain I was in and I know there were a lot of people praying for me. I was scared about the surgery and what the outcome was going to be, I never imagined I would recover as well as I have and that alone is something to be extremely thankful for.

My talents  I am thankful that I have the talent of cooking. There is something about making a meal that brings me joy. I love creating food and am thankful for the ability to feed my family the way I do. Last year I managed with the help of Rebecca to prepare our Thanksgiving meal something I always took for granted, this year I reflected on that fact as I prepared the Turkey and Ham for our annual feast!



The ability to hunt and fish  Last year one of the things that bothered me the most was not being able to go hunting or ice fishing. This year I was not only blessed to spend time in the woods during archery and the beginning of gun season, I even managed to put a couple deer in the freezer so far. I was able to enjoy some time on the water this summer with my cousins, my kids, my friends and even spent a day kayaking with just Rebecca.




My friends  I have a lot of acquaintances but there is a core group of people that I consider friends and in the past year thanks to homeschooling our kids, Rebecca and I both have made some new friends that are near and dear to us and I look forward to a life long bond with each and everyone of you.

It is so easy to get caught up in the daily hustle and bustle of life and even though there are special dates like Thanksgiving that we stop to reflect on everything we have to be thankful for I have realized that there is importance in taking time each and every day to give thanks for everything I have been blessed with, especially on the days when life has me down!

1 comments:

Rebecca Wearne said...

I'm thankful for you and all the hard work you do at a job that I know your not in love with ;) but you do it anyway and I am also thankful for your friendship - and so many other things! I love you Babe! In sickness & in health, etc.. Bring it on! We can do all things through Christ and together! Love, Becky