CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, March 7, 2010

The Apple Of My Eye!

The past 3 days Ariel has been attending the State of Connecticut's hunter safety course at the Franklin Wildlife Management Area in North Franklin, Connecticut. Today was the last day of the course and was spent on the shooting range and taking the final exam. I am proud to say that she not only passed the exam she put 6 of 10 rounds into the target on the rifle range and actually shattered one of the clay pigeons on the trap range!
Knowing that she would be unable to handle any of my deer hunting rifles I decided to take a trip to the local Cabela's while she was at class today and surprised her with her very own Savage Arms youth model .243 which she has already proved she can place a round into the paper with!

I can't wait to spend time with her at the range and watching her zero in her new rifle. I am even more excited about the possibility of watching her shoot her first deer this year. She truly is the apple of my eye and I am very grateful that she shares my love of the outdoors.




0 comments: