CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Winter Fun with the Family

As everyone knows I really enjoy the fall and winter months. I enjoy the time spent in the great outdoors in the cool weather and both my kids are following in my foot steps. We have had the chance to go out Ice fishing with my cousins the past 2 weekends. The first weekend was cold, sunny and the ice was like glass - the next weekend was actually -4 degrees out on the ice but there was a nice coating of snow which made walking around much better. As always we kept warm with a steady flow of food - Deer venison, Caribou venison and sausage, goose meat, corned beef hash, chicken eggs - fresh from my little farm, and the menu goes on and on! It is nice to spend time outside in the fresh air doing something I love - Fishing. What makes it even better is my kids are out there with me as well as my extended family from my fathers side.
The Cousins
Ariel with her first catch of the day
Alex and Sonny's trout
Getting Jiggy with it!
Waiting Patiently with a Smile



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to see all of you having so much fun!!!! Most of all the time you spend with your children is sooooooooo wonderful!!! That is what it is all about---your wife and your children.
Mom

Robb said...

I've only ever been ice fishing once, but it was a lot of fun. I'll have to give it another try soon.