CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, January 25, 2009

Tagged - Blog Meme.

Here are the rules:

1. Go to your documents/pictures files.

2. Go to the 6th file folder.

3. Find the 6th picture.

4. Blog about it.

5. Tag 6 friends to do the same.



Now I normally poo-poo these kind of things but have decided not to be such a party pooper (or in this case - meme pooper) in 2009! Due to the fact most of the people I know who would participate have already been tagged I will be ignoring rule # 5.

This picture was taken during the summer of 2007. Alex and I spent the day together while Ariel was away at summer camp. We went fishing on State Line Pond and I taught Alex how to fish with rubber worms. We had a great day on the water and Alex caught several fish and was really excited when he reeled in this nice little bass. I have great memories of summer days spent fishing with my dad and now I have begun to make new memories with my son.

The warm sun on our face - the hum of dragonfly wings

The calming sound of waves lapping against the side of the boat

The excitement of a child catching a fish

The Memories that can never be taken away

That is what this picture reminds me of!

3 comments:

Jeff and Michelle said...

We appreciate your cooperation. Nice picture, btw. :)

Anonymous said...

Nice pic of my Grandson, Alex. Dad tried to get me use rubber worms but I did not have any luck with them so I stuck to nightcrawlers they always worked. I remember the day we took Chad fishing with us at Samon Brook. Chad stayed with me while Dad wandered off. That day, I could not lose. Everytime I threw my line in, I caught a nice, big trout. I ended up with my limit and Dad's limit of trout. On the way out, we saw a man and his three children and he commented on what beautiful trout and he would be willing to buy a stringer from us. We gave him Dad's stringer and he gave us his empty one. He was sooooooooo happy. It was a GREAT day.
Mom

Sensei Mitch said...

We will have to go out in my canoe this summer! I know a nice spot at Mansfield Hollow Dam that you can only get to with a Canoe and the fishing use to be great.

Summer... boy I can't wait!