CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, April 19, 2009

Sunshine, Fresh Air and Fishy Hands

Yesterday was the opening day of fishing season here in the Great North Woods. Due to everyone feeling under the weather I let the kids sleep in and after breakfast we decided to venture out to the waters edge. We took some pictures at the first spot we stopped - our usual fishing hole in the center of town. Even though it was almost lunch time there were still mobs of people fishing in the same area so we decided to venture out and find somewhere new. I ended up finding a brook that had lots of nice areas but all the open fishing areas were posted as private property. After following the brook a couple miles up the road we found a dam with a large body of water above it that was fishable! I didn't know if we would catch anything and was just looking forward to soaking up some sunshine and enjoy the cool breeze coming off the water while hanging out with my 2 awesome, talented, country mile casting kids! I left the camera in the truck and was too lazy to go back and get it - I figure it will make for another post during the summer - Plus I don't want to give away our new hot spot just yet! Much to my surprise there were trout in the water despite the fact that every time we hooked into one they would jump out of the water and throw our lure :( I eventually landed a nice brook trout which due to its wounds came home for dinner. Despite not filling the stringer with our daily limit the kids and I had a great time together (hopefully the fresh air will help their colds go away) and Rebecca got a nice quiet morning & afternoon to get some much needed rest.





1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mom says "Hi". They're headed to Vermont/Canada this week, then out to Oklahoma soon.

Jenn