CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Blackberry Delight

No this post is not about a delicious dessert but as I am typing about tonight's events it makes me as happy as harvesting the first handful of summertime treats. I am laying here in bed in pain but still smiling after hanging up the phone from a conversation with a complete stranger. This stranger was named Mrs. Michele Simms and she was a blessing to talk to.

Why would I talk to a stranger you may ask, well it all stems from when my blackberry went missing while I was on a crowded metro train last week in Washington D.C.
I assumed it would never be seen again. Immediately after realizing it was gone I used Rebecca's cell phone to call AT&T's customer service and have the line suspended.

Normally losing my cell phone wouldn't have bothered me but the hard drive on my laptop recently died and I hadn't taken the time to transfer all my contacts from my blackberry to my new hard drive so with the loss of my phone I also lost 5 years worth of contacts and information.

After returning home from our trip I have been either in bed or at the Dr's due to my back injury. I was very surprised when I checked the voice mail for my home business line and found a message from AT&T with the phone # of a woman named Michele who needed to talk to me because she had something that belonged to me.

You guessed it she found my Blackberry and wanted to return it to me! I had been praying that it wasn't stolen and that I had just lost it and hopefully would some how recover it but I admit my prayers weren't said with much faith that they would be answered. So my first response was to ask God for forgiveness in doubting His caring about the little things in my life after that I called and left my contact information with Mrs. Simms! After missing each others calls I decided to give her one more call tonight and this time we connected. I am very grateful for her act of kindness and really wished there was something I could do in exchange for her kindness. We ended up talking for a few minutes and she told me how she had come across my phone and saw the picture of the kids on the display. We had a nice conversation and after I told her about the blessings in my life she agreed and exclaimed "God is good!" We continued our conversation for a few more moments and despite never meeting her in person I can honestly say that this woman loved God and that she made an effort to live her life in a manner that others would see this.
The past several months I have been conscious of my actions and have been trying to be kinder to those around me and live a life more becoming of Him, while this has not always been an easy task I can take comfort in and learn from the kindness of others. It may just be a small electronic device that brought us together but the lesson learned was so much more! Thank you Mrs. Simms and I look forward to meeting you some day and hope you are blessed for your kindness and selflessness.

This is a picture of the Rainbow that we saw the evening I lost my phone while driving from the Nations Capitol back to our hotel in Virgina it just seemed fitting to include it into today's post.

0 comments: