CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, June 23, 2012

5,115 Days and Counting


It's amazing to reflect on the changes in the past 5,115 days or the past 122,736 hours or the past 7,364,160 minutes or better yet the past 441,849,600 seconds. I am proud to say that in that time period my baby girl has grown into a beautiful young lady. 

The past 14 years have sure gone by in a hurry. I am sitting here recalling memories of Rebecca's pregnancy and the sign I made announcing Ariel's birth. Our first days after bringing her home and how our St. Bernard (Goliath) instantly became her guardian. I remember our first daddy/daughter fishing trip and more recently watching her harvest her very first deer.

Ariel,


     Throughout the past 14 years I have always been proud to call you my daughter (even with blue, then green, and soon to be purple hair!) I love you just as much today as I did the first time I held you in my arms and while we have both grown up and don't always see eye-2-eye on things I am glad that we have the great relationship we do and that you share my sick sense of humor. I love teasing you but I also love running errands together and you holding my hand like you did when you were a little girl.

I have watched you grow up before my eyes, I look at you and wonder how it happened so fast and how I became the old   parent to a teenager! I am glad we have made some great memories together in you short lifetime and I look forward to making many more as I continue to watch you grow up into a woman.


Some of your smiles throughout the years...




























































4 comments:

Jackie said...

Happy Birthday, Ariel! We love you!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!

Unknown said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY (soon to meet) ARIEL!!

Rebecca said...

Happy birthday Ariel! I love you very much. I can't believe you are 14!! I love that Daddy put pictures of all your different hair colors :) Love you!
~Mom