CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, July 2, 2012

Much needed relaxation...

Today was the first day of vacation for me this year. I stayed in bed till 8:00 this morning and after breakfast went out to run errands with my lovely wife and do some window shopping. This afternoon I prepped all my ingredients for dinner. We enjoyed Steak marinated in my homemade chunky teriyaki sauce. Our sides were fresh corn kernels in toasted butter, green beans with portabella mushrooms and watermelon cubes with fresh mint. After dinner I went out and finished installing my stockade privacy fence at the end of the driveway which was the only manual labor I expect will take place this week.
The rest of the week will be occupied with trips to the ocean to partake in some body boarding with the family, celebrating the 4th of July with family as well as celebrating Rebecca’s Birthday! We are also planning on taking in a guided tour of the State Capitol Building for some educational fun. I am hoping to update you with pictures each day as we have some other fun adventures planned too which will include go-carts, some fishing and maybe a little mini-golf! As for now I am off to take my son "night-crawling" just like I use to do with my dad growing up.

3 comments:

Jackie said...

happy vacationing!

lr said...

Pics of the fence?

Jenn O'B said...

Yay! Vacation! I will officially be on vacation in T - 3.5 hours!! Going to VT to visit with Mom and Dad, Steve and Denise and the kids. Can't wait!

Enjoy your vacation!!