CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, June 4, 2012

In Memory of Moo

The past 2week has been full of strife and emotion to say the least. I have been having some unexpected health issues which has weighed heavy on not only me but the entire family. Thankfully the Dr's have finally started to deal with the cause of the pain and tomorrow will be another round of blood work. During this time we noticed one of our Bunnies was having what appeared to be small seizures but she seemed normal otherwise. The other day when we were doing the daily animal chores we noticed that she had a slight tilt to her head and suspected that she must of had a stroke. Despite her appearance she was still a sweet little bunny who loved getting her daily attention which usually includes a yogurt treat and some petromalt.
Unfortunately she took a turn for a worse early this morning and sadly today we were forced to say goodbye to our sweet little "Moo-Moo" Miley. I've learned that goodbyes will always hurt, pictures never replace having been there, memories, good or bad, will bring tears and words can never replace feelings. Thankfully we have photo's, some great video's and all our memories to help us cope as time goes on.
I tend to be an emotional person and I have found that I have a very soft spot in my heart for my pets. There is truly a difference in animals that we raise for food and those that we raise as pets - I know this as truth as I have never shed a tear over an animal that was destined for my plate but as I am quite sad as I am typing this while I recall the enjoyment Miley provided me, my family, and all the people who visited our home the past couple years.
It will be strange only having one bunny but I'm sure with a little effort Alex can get Sadie to play "Bunnie Battles" with him the way Miley did. It seems like only yesterday I was posting about the day we got them in a tongue-in-cheek Post!


She was a very playful bunny and despite it looking like torture she actually enjoyed her toys and the constant challenges posed to her by Alex in his self proclaimed "Bunnie Battles" I will miss her waking me in the morning with the sound of her playing with her carrot bells.




2 comments:

Jackie said...

aw, how sad...so sorry guys...

Rebecca said...

Miss you Moo... such a sweetheart..