CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, December 22, 2007

The Reason....


Sorry I haven't posted this past week, as you can imagine life has been full of distractions and borderline hectic. Today was the beginning of our long Christmas weekend and as I was out and about I realized how easy it can be to get caught up in the chaos that surrounds us. Thankfully, I completed my holiday shopping over a week ago and R's daily baking has kept me in a constant sugar high! I was amazed at how many people were anything but cheerful as I went into town today, where has all the Holiday Cheer gone?
P.S. -- Im not talking about the kind that comes in a bottle!
While surfing for "all things Christmas" tonight I came across this Nativity scene (copyright Somerset House Publishing 2000) and was immediately reminded that although it is nice to exchange gifts and spend time with family that is not what we are Celebrating. So I encourage you to take a moment while you reflect on this picture and Thank God for all He has done and remember: He is the Reason for the Season.
Merry Christmas

2 comments:

Monika said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Family time at Christmas is the most important thing. Roger and I love the gift buying and watching everyone open their gifts but most important is that my family recognizes the true meaning of Christmas---Jesus who was born to die.
Mom