CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, January 14, 2008

Gone Sledding.

The kids had the day off from school today due to another snow storm so when I was done with work I took them to the local High School where we had noticed a large hill last year. The kids were very excited and a bit nervous when they saw how large and steep the hill was while standing at the edge! Any fear they had quickly faded as they went screaming (both physical speed and vocally) down their first time. I forgot to bring the camera with me so I used my cell phone - sorry for the poor quality but I figured poor quality pictures is better than no pictures.
I went down on a saucer sled (just think National Lampoons Christmas) and momentarily though I broke my leg after flying approx 10 feet upon crashing into a ditch at the bottom of the hill! Thankfully I was fine and the fun continued without interruption. I was impressed that the kids were able to climb the hill repeatedly (approx 20 times) before agreeing that we were ready to go home. Next time we have to bring Mommy with us so she can join us in our snowy fun!











2 comments:

HomeGrownLife said...

Sounds like a fun "Chevy Chase-style" form of saucering! The pictures looked great even thought they were from your phone!

Anonymous said...

I wish I could have been there!!!! Remember when Betty Dupont used to let you sled down her embankment? Remember when you went skiing for the first time with FBC's Youth Group? So, so many memories, my son. Thank you for sharing this.
Love,
Mom