CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, April 12, 2008

Future Bow Hunters of America...






My Dad would be proud. Last year both of the kids expressed an interest in the sport of archery. I wasn't sure if it was a passing interest just because it was hunting season and they wanted to participate in my target practice or if it was a genuine interest. I decided to hold off on spending the money on all new "equipment" even though I did all my "homework" on the options available and had picked out a new bow that would be compatible for both of them.


Much to my surprise as soon as the weather started favoring outside activity Alex began nagging me to set up the 3D target so he could start shooting again. They are using a "camp style" plastic bow but they have been conscious of safety and are enjoying the competition between themselves.


I can remember spending hours shooting my fathers Indian Recurve at the targets attached to the bales of hay in the back yard. I always loved the challenge of archery whether it was simply target shooting or in the woods deer hunting. I hope I can pass this love of archery onto my children by showing the patience my father did when he was teaching me not so long ago.


I am the world's luckiest dad, I have two beautiful, healthy children which long to follow in my footsteps. Both of my children share the love of the great outdoors that I have and I look forward to all the memories we will acquire while hunting, fishing, and just hanging out together as the years go by.

2 comments:

HomeGrownLife said...

Great form Ariel and Alex! What a great way to spend time together as a family.

Anonymous said...

Yup, I remember the days of going to Broad Brook and having a bow made specially for Dad and each one of you. Also, the arrows!!! Do you remember where Dad used to go to order the bows and arrows? I tried to get into it but it was too hard to pull the bow string. Fishing was my favorite sport. Your children will be experienced in all sports. How lucky for them.

Mom