CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, April 6, 2008

Home Sweet Home....


I am back home in the Nutmeg State, I guess it's time to start acting like a Yankee again! My drive home went well and I am enjoying the day lounging around with the family. I have to correct myself about the "all work and no play" comment in my last post. Most of my coworkers that were staying at the same hotel as me left on Wednesday morning leaving me alone for the evening happy hours at the hotel. It turns out there was a CSI class being taught in the Raleigh area and several of the police officers attending were staying in my hotel. It didn't take long to make new friends and as it turns out several of them were from CT. It was nice to have people to exchange stories with which seemed to make the week go by faster and my time away from home more bearable. I can't say I am looking forward to returning to the "Tar Heel State" at the end of the month but I will be sure to bring a camera with me so I can share some of my adventures with everyone. I can say I am glad to be back home in the North Woods, where I can enjoy home cooked meals every night, (by no means am I complaining about the fried chicken, yummy grits, lots of bacon and sausage and of course the fresh BBQ that I consumed on a daily basis) hugs and kisses from my wife and kids, and sleeping in my own bed. This coming week will be a very busy one as far as work is concerned, at least I can go through the week knowing that my driver won the Saturday Nascar race and came in 2nd during today's Cup race! Now I just need to figure out how to loose the pounds I gained eating all the yummy southern food this past week!

2 comments:

Jackie said...

welcome home! glad you had a 'good' trip.

Anonymous said...

I am glad that you are home safe and sound, Charlie. Sounds like you had some good southern meals and comfort foods. I know you missed your wife and children.
Mom