CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, July 11, 2008

Not forgotten - Happy Belated B-day Ariel

It was Ariel's Birthday on the 23rd of last month. She is a very spoiled little girl who not only had a family birthday party but also had an all girls party with her friends the next weekend (Alex and I escaped the cooties and had fun shopping for boy toys and man food). So even though this is 2 weeks late getting published I only feel a little guilt for taking so long!

It seems like only yesterday I looked at Rebecca while at church and exclaimed "Oh my goodness - your pregnant!" Now I know it is usually the woman who is pregnant that informs the other spouse of this news but for some reason Rebecca did something that convinced me I was speaking the truth and after stopping at the drug store on our way home we were surprised to find out I was right!

I began developing my relationship with my daughter while she was still in Mommy's belly, which included late night talks, making up silly lyrics to songs on the radio and much to R's enjoyment fun and games (kicks and flips) in mommy's belly why she was sleeping! Ariel has grown over the past 10 years from a tiny little baby to a beautiful young lady and I am glad that during those years our relationship has grown equally.

I am a proud father who not only has a "daddy's girl" but also a hunting and fishing partner. I am grateful that Ariel and I share many of the same hobbies and I look forward to spending time together and watching her grow into a woman as wonderful as her mother - I just hope the next 10 years go by slower that the last 10 so I can enjoy each day just a little longer!

Happy Birthday Bubbies!
I Love You,
XOXOXOXOXOXO - Daddy


I hope to scan some pictures of Ariel as a baby onto the computer in the near future but until I get around to doing so here are some of the pictures we have in digital format that show how quickly she is growing up!


1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ariel's Birthday Party was so nice. Anything done with family is always a charished memory. You & Rebecca make wonderful parents and Ariel and Alex are wonderful children. They grow up fast, son and I know you charish every event with them. You have always been more than a son to me, you have been a friend!

Mom