CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, May 18, 2009

Facebook for chickens


Well, Okay it's not really for chickens but for people who have chickens. As most of you know I am no longer on Facebook (old news I know but I really didn't want to discuss it while I was going through withdrawals!) I really enjoyed butting in on everyone's lives and was able to rekindle some childhood friendships which I have been able to keep up with via email and personal blogs despite my lack of Facebook membership.

For those who didn't know why we abandoned our FB Accounts - Rebecca's profile was hacked and after several days of getting nowhere with the FB staff we finally closed out R's profile - only to find it reactivated the next morning asking more people for $$$ due to me getting mugged while on a business trip, Rebecca getting stranded trying to get me back after I left her and went to London, and the lies went on and on. I finally took the time to delete ever post I ever wrote, group I joined, flair, etc...


It has been several months now and despite it being tough at times I was able to give up Facebook - and I did it cold turkey! I found that after I gave up FB I regained my desire to start blogging again - plus it helped that it is spring time and I have more to write about. So how does this all relate to my title - Well seeing that I have been raising a new flock of chicks I often get answers to any questions I may have right here on the world wide web and one of the sites I found myself often referring to was : Backyard Chickens.

It was here where I found my Facebook replacement. It turns out they have a forum that you can join and not only get answers to all your questions you can make your own web page, post pictures, message other members, buy, sell , trade and the list goes on and on. I have really enjoyed browsing the site and even found a new rooster for Ariel that we went as a family to pick up on Saturday Morning.


I hope that you all don't think I'm becoming "Chicken Crazy" but I feel secure with my "Peeps" over at BYC and fear not - I will always be here to Blog about it and thankfully, with the aid of my keyboard it will always be legible so no need to worry about my writing looking like chicken scratch!

Oh and in case you were wondering our new Roosters name is Sokka. It is nice to wake to the sound of the roosters crow again - it was too quiet out here in the north woods!



0 comments: