CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, May 21, 2009

On Shelley's Farm there was a girl - E-I-E-I-O.

My Baby Girl is growing up so fast - and with all the manure she will be stepping in she should be getting a bit taller this summer too!
What you never heard that stepping in manure will make you taller - well it will, especially if you don't clean your boots off regularly and let it build up!
Why is she going to be stepping in manure you ask.....
Well, tonight was Ariel's first day of employment on a local farm. She gets to work with herding dogs, sheep, horses, miniature ponies, chickens, ducks and of course the ever present farm cat.
We met Ariel's new employers at the Monday homeschooling group that the kids were part of this past year. At the beginning of the year they got a tour of the farm and the chance to help shear one of the sheep for a "start to finish scarf knitting project" that both of the kids participated in.
I took this picture just before we left and was going to take one of her when she got home but despite being a little messier there wasn't much of a difference - she was still sporting a great smile. Hopefully she will maintain this level of enthusiasm throughout her employment

I can't help but smile when I look at her slop boots - mine were always black! Leave it to a girl to put "style" into doing farm chores!

5 comments:

Jeff and Michelle said...

The scarf project sounds really cool! And Ariel is looking very cute in her professional attire. :) Glad to finally hear the reason for you both quitting Facebook, sorry not to see you there any more, but glad to see you blogging more frequently again!

Unknown said...

Chuck,
I picked up a Cd at our family camp called 'The Richest Man on Earth'. I thought of you after I listened to it. Go to www.aboverubies.com & order it. It is a cd by fathers for fathers. You will love it! My favorite song is "She Don't Come Easy" written to all the boys looking towards his daughter. It is the Daddy's national anthem. Check it out - makes a GREAT father's day gift - that's how I got it.

Unknown said...

try www.aboverubies.org

Jackie said...

she's so cute. it is hard to believe that she could possibly be old enought to be a workin' girl. it's the perfect job for her though. gotta teach them that good work ethic young...

Heather (Rathbun) Hinkel said...

Oh my goodness. She looks so much like Becky used to!! It is like I am looking at an old photograph of Rebecca..

Hope to see you all again soon..
Love, Heather