CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Warming their new feathers

The early evenings here have been nice so I decided to let our new little girls (and boys) get some exercise and feel the green grass under their toes. I must admit I am getting quite addicted to my back yard flock and would like to build a really nice coop some day that looks more like a farm barn. The kids have really enjoyed finding bugs and worms to feed the chicks, which has really helped with human-chicken interaction. I really like having the larger brooder in the garage and I know Rebecca is grateful too! Here are some pictures of this years chicks during their first back yard adventures this week. They all got a chance to stretch their wings and warm their feathers (and what is left of their chick fluff) in the warm evening sun.
Let us back in!
The Older Girls getting some fresh greens
Navarre watching over his babies
Discovering the joy of clover
Just noticed the older Hens in the yard
Chip and Dale - sticking together
The Kids showing them the ropes






0 comments: