CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, June 1, 2009

Family Visit = FUN!

My brother Stephen and his family made the trip from out west to New England last week for a family vacation. My brother and I had the chance to spend a few days together when our Grandmother passed away but other than that, we have only been able to keep in touch via telephone and computer correspondence the past 10 years. When they moved, other than my nephew, the children were too young to remember each other so this was a great chance for us all to get to know each other again. Everyone stayed at my house the first week they were here and every morning my brother and Alex got up at the crack of dawn to spoil us all with fresh Dunkin' Donuts - needless to say my pants are a little tighter this morning! We made a trip one day to Yankee Candle Village and the next to Mystic Aquarium and Institute for Exploration. We ate like kings and queens - one night we had Mona's Pizza, I spoiled everyone the next night with my home made baby back pork ribs and my Brother treated us all to a great meal at the Steak Loft Restaurant during our day trip to Mystic. It was great spending time with my brother, his lovely wife and all three quickly growing up kids! I hope to get a chance to spend more time with them after work this week while they are staying with our Mom and wished I had another week of vacation available. I miss having family around and now that I am a grown man ( yet not quite an adult!) I realize that I have a lot in common with my brother and feel as close to him as ever. Probably because our age difference isn't evident any more like it was as kids. It was entertaining watching from a distance as my nephew spend time with Alex, the memories of me spending time with him at that age came flooding back. I hope and pray that some day we will all live closer together but till then I think regular vacations/visits with each other will become one of our goals in life.

The Girls

The Boys
The Whole Crew
The Kids (minus Ben as he was still in route)

2 comments:

Charlie's Mom said...

We are all going to miss Steve, Laurie, Ben, Meagan, and Holly. We will have some cherished memories. I love everyone being in my home where all of you grew up. I am glad I kept up with the job of putting pictures in an album and not in a shoe box. I did not count the albums but there must be about 25-30 and some are quite large. The kids had a good time and now I have many new pictures. Saying goodbye tomorrow is going to be very sad.

Mom

Jeff and Michelle said...

Here's how to get the little updating blog list: When you're in your blog, go to the top right and hit "Customize". Then find the "Add a Gadget" button at the bottom of the screen. Click that, then scroll down to "Blog List" and add it to your page. Check the boxes "Title of Most Recent Item" and "Date of Last Update" to get it to update. You'll have to add everyone's blog addresses back in again. Hope this helps - Good luck!