CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, June 25, 2009

TRAPPED!

Unlike the song by Aerosmith there was no Love in the elevator! Yesterday while working in Boston, Massachusetts me, two of my co-workers and one poor stranger got stuck in an elevator!

Now I found the situation rather humorous and was having a great time joking around much to the amusement of my coworkers - that is until I saw the panic on the strangers face when I joked that the elevator mechanic was on the bottom of the shaft with large bolt cutters trying to cut the main cable in order to get us down - you know like the ride at the amusement parks!
After apologizing to the poor gentleman we all talked calmly while waiting for the elevator to get fixed. After quite some time they re energized the car and it moved up - unfortunately it was only about 3 feet.
Thankfully myself and my coworkers had our tool bags and with the approval of the elevator repair man we pried the elevator doors open. Once they were open we were able to squeeze the actuator for the floor level doors. To all of our surprise they actually opened! We were all able to pass our tool and computer bags up through the opening and then one by one we squeezed our way out. After giving the emergency crew our information we were able to proceed into the elevator on the other side of the wing! Thankfully this one took us to ground level without any further incidents. The people waiting on the ground level looked confused when I threw myself onto the ground and kissed it passionately (OK so there was love outside the elevator!)

Needless to say it was an exciting experience and the best part was I was getting paid through the entire ordeal and with the exception of the stranger I was in good company. I guess it is one more strange experience I can check off my list! Oh and I want to know why there wasn't an escape/service hatch like there is in all the elevators from the movies!

2 comments:

Jackie said...

SCWARY! only you could find humor in that situation...

Charlie's Mom said...

Well, son, you handled the problem in the right way (after all you are your Mother's Son) just as I expected you to do. It can become an upsetting situation if someone is not happy to be closed in a small area. Glad everything turned out right. Why not, God was right there with you.
Your Mom