CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, June 18, 2009

Life after Death.....

Okay - so maybe I am being a tad bit dramatic but it makes for a compelling story. I have been inattentive to my blog for several reasons but this story is about my main excuse. Two weeks ago I ended up working in at least 1 hospital a day throughout the entire week - I love my job but I HATE working in hospitals. On Friday of that week I noticed the other side of the door I was working next to all day was the Infectious Disease Ward - Great! Throughout each day I constantly washed up and I carry a tube of alcohol based sanitizer so I was praying it would all be okay.

Thankfully I woke up Saturday morning and despite feeling the effects of allergy season I was able to do my weekend chores and enjoy the day with my family and dinner with our karate club members. Sunday started out well but by dinner time reality had begun to set in. It wasn't allergies I was getting sick.

By Sunday night I had a bad fever and Rebecca was dreading the thought of being in the same room as me. I came to the conclusion that I had the flu - I decided that since I probably picked it up while working in one of the hospitals there was no way I was going back unless it was a life or death situation. I ended up taking the week off from work as I had a fever on and off over a 4 day period. I think that I might have either cooked a few brain cells or I had the much publicized "Swine Flu" because there were several occasions that I swear my sweat smelled like smoked bacon - and despite my miserable condition I was in the mood for a good Southern down home Pig pickin' - (aka... Pig roast.)

Thankfully after a week of being quarantined to my room I am healthy and back to normal. I have several different things I want to post so as long a work cooperates I will be keeping everyone entertained with family updates, nature pictures, and random rambling. So for now I am back and the Grim Reaper will need to find work somewhere else and while he is waiting may I suggest a nice Pulled Pork sandwich with some vinegar slaw and a nice tall glass of sweet tea!

4 comments:

HomeGrownLife said...

I'm so sorry your were so sick, but you have me laughing despite the grim situation... thinking about a pig roast after potentially having the swine flu is just too ironic and hysterical!

Charlie's Mom said...

I loved your update, of course, felt bad that you were sick. Well, the whole week plus part of the following week after Stephen left I was still sick but the meds the doc gave me worked just fine. You sound so much like me, son, when you get sick (cravings and all) I love you soooooooooooo much! Love, Mom

Unknown said...

Just smoked a ham & shoulder of our last wild pig. Made pulled pork...you may be a prophet!

Jenn O'Brien said...

How 'bout a recipe for that Pulled Pork Sandwich and Vinegar Slaw next time you post? :)

Glad you're feeling better!