CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, August 21, 2009

Vacation: Day # 5

Today was day # 5 of my vacation and we are all feeling much better. I got up and finished the chicken coop and moved Rebecca's spoiled little chickens into it. I threw out my back while working on the coop so we all took a trip to Dr. Curry's at Curry Chiropractic for a healthy spine adjustment. We went to Irish Bend Orchards and picked a big ol' bag of peaches. The kids requested a Peach Pie, Rebecca is looking forward to Peach Crisp, and I am going to grill some fresh figs and peaches with brown sugar and local honey from our friend Elizabeth! Of course we have already started eating some of them right off the tree! There have been Weather Advisories for our area that have been blaring on the Emergency Broadcast System so we decided to stay home this evening. We ordered Pizza, wings and a large calzone from Mona's and played Monopoly Jr. - Alex sent us all to the poor house and counted his money for us all when the game was over.

2 comments:

Charlie's Mom said...

Charlie I wish you would take of your back. Glad to hear you went to the doctor to have it straightened out. One of the reasons why I cannot walk so good is my back and your Dad had a lot of back problems, too.

Glad you are feeling better. I love you, Son.
Your Mom

Jackie said...

whew--just got caught up with all the vaca posts. sounds painfully fun...

glad you were able to do so much. can't wait to see you guys again!