CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Vacation: Day # 1

Day #1:
Lake Compounce - New England's Family Theme Park

Today we got up early and headed out for a day of fun in the sun. We stopped at the Gold Roc Diner in West Hartford, CT for a hearty breakfast of eggs, toast and some creamy grits. After filling our bellies we completed the trip to Lake Compounce ready for some thrills and white water adventures.
I have to admit the day was full of surprises - I didn't think I would enjoy a water park full of strange people, I never thought Alex would go on a roller coaster that goes upside down, I never thought I would be able to feed the 4 of us dinner at the park for under $30! We had a great day and were on site 20 minutes after the park opened and left just before the park closed. I think Rebecca and I had just as much fun as the kids - the only sad part is that now that the kids have experienced big kid rides I don't think we will be making any future trips to Story Land - at least we have the memories!

3 comments:

Charlie's Mopm said...

Hope all of you have a GREAT vacation week (I know you will)!!!

So far it sounds like you've had a great time.

Love,
Mom

Unknown said...

Grits in New England?! What is this world coming to?
My kids love 6 Flags in Atlanta. They tried to get me to go for Home School day in May. I told them that I could stay home & throw up for free.
I got sick on the merry go round 2 years ago. Can't do anything in a circle.
Getting old stinks!
Enjoy your vacation.

Unknown said...

Grits in New England?! What is this world coming to?
My kids love 6 Flags in Atlanta. They tried to get me to go for Home School day in May. I told them that I could stay home & throw up for free.
I got sick on the merry go round 2 years ago. Can't do anything in a circle.
Getting old stinks!
Enjoy your vacation.