CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, July 28, 2012

Parte' di Nonnie

Today we celebrated my mothers birthday. While I will never disclose her actual age I will say that my mother looks pretty good for her age, especially considering the stress we all put on her growing up! We began the afternoon outside on the deck enjoying the warm weather. Mom was surrounded by several of her closest friends and her family while she joked around as usual and we all watched as she opened her many gifts and cards. It was great to see Mom being the one spoiled for a change, she always is doing for everyone else and for a change today was just about her!

Not long after we started cooking on the grills the sky opened up and we were enveloped in what felt like nothing short of a tropical monsoon. Roger and I did our best to finish cooking and once the grills were clear we made our way inside to partake in all the delicious food. I took lots of pictures but decided that I would only post the nicest one because it is mom's birthday (by no means am I deleting the others though!)

Mom,

     While your actual birthday isn't till Monday, I wanted you to know that I am proud to say that your my mom. I was blessed to grow up in our home with you caring for me and doing everything you could to point me in the right direction. I love you as do my wife and children. It was great watching you smile and joke today surrounded by people who care about you. I look forward to celebrating many more of your birthdays    and hope that each one of them is as special to you as you are to us. Happy Birthday!

Your son,
Charles Aquilino Wearne

Alex and Ariel with their Nonnie

1 comments:

Charlie's Mom said...

Thank you Charlie. I don't know if you actually realize the extent of love that I have for you. I always enjoyed your company and we could joke about anything. Thank you for helping Roger cook in the rain. It was a day I will never forget. I am so glad that all of you came to help my day be one that I will always think about and bring a smile to my face.
Your Mom