CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, August 5, 2012

Fairy Tales Do Come True

My life is proof that fairy tales come true and while I don't know the ending the story is a happy one. As a child I would play a game with my Mother every spring where we would count American Robins on our way to school. We would pick a specific number, usually 100 and once you reached that number the next person you saw was the one you would marry. I can remember reaching the goal just before pulling into the school parking lot and doing my best to make sure the first girl I saw was Rebecca. You see ever since I was in grade school she was the girl of my dreams. Throughout high school we were friends and on our graduation night we posed together for this picture.


Honestly I never imagined we would be together and I figured after that night our friendship would fade away. Now here we are years later a happily married couple slowly but surely growing old together!

As I type this its hard to imagine that 17 years ago I was putting on my tuxedo and preparing to start a new chapter in my life. From here on out it was no longer my life, it was OUR life. While parts of that day are long forgotten, I still remember looking into her eyes as I pledged my undying love for her till death do us part. All these years later and my heart still skips a beat when I look at my wife, much like it did 17 years ago.
Today marks the beginning of another year together and while there are no wicked witches, evil step mothers, or big bad wolves I feel like every day is a fairy tale and we are the prince and princess. Happy Anniversary Rebecca, I love you and though I don't look forward to the death do us part, I  do look forward to sharing the rest of my life together with you today, tomorrow and forever.

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

I love you too! I really appreciate all these lovely posts you create about our life together. It never ceases to amaze me how your put our wonderful life together in words. God has surely blessed me with a man like you. A girl couldn't ask for a better husband and father. I love you - forever Charlie :) xoxox ~Rebecca

Jennifer O'Brien said...

Awww... Beautiful! (Your post and Becky's comment.)

Happy Anniversary!

Charlie's Mom said...

Sorry, you both will get your card late because it was mailed out on
Sunday :( But, I know both of you had a GREAT Anniversary because of the love you have for each other.

Love,
Charlie's Mom