CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, August 4, 2012

Weekend Bliss

It was a relaxing Saturday, after sleeping in late I whipped up a hearty meal which can be read about on my food blog - Food Lovers Delights. After cuddling with my wife and watching some racing on television we decided to head out to pick up some odds and ends at the store and sit down for dinner at one of our favorite sushi restaurants - Tokyo.This time dinner would be different, we decided to go for Hibachi rather than our usual meal of sushi. The price for a meal may seem a little high but when you consider that you get a soup, salad, fried rice, vegetables and the meats of your choice cooked right before your eyes its a reasonable price. Hibachi outings end up being more like dinner and a show, especially if you have an entertaining chef, which we did! We had another group of people seated with us which can be awkward if your not sociable but in our case they were an outgoing and friendly group much like us. Everything was excellent and we all enjoyed the experience as much as we did the food.


After dinner we decided to go to the movie theater to watch Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Dog Days.The kids have read the books and as a family we have enjoyed the other 2 movies as rentals.It's not often that I desire to go to a theater to watch a movie but I knew this would be a good experience and fun as a family. The movie was a hit and it felt good to laugh throughout the entire evening.


After dinner we went out for ice cream at Friendly's  and unlike in the movie, we all got our very own. Because seriously, who likes to share their ice cream! 

I am grateful to have had such an amazing week with my family and that we were blessed with the ability to do so many different activities. While I am not particularly excited to be going back to work Monday I am extremely thankful to have a job that provides all the needs and wants for my family. Another great day comes to an end but hopefully there is another adventure awaiting us tomorrow!

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

Seriously a GREAT movie! Just like all the others. So funny - it was a great end to our vacation :)

Jennifer O'Brien said...

That picture cracks me up! Alex and that actor could be twins! :)

Charlie's Mom said...

Sounded good to me, I love it when Roger & I go out to eat. Everyone needs vacation time and I am glad both of you did that. All my love and hugs to all of you.

Love,
Charlie's Mom