CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, November 26, 2012

A romp through the hemlock's

As is our annual tradition we went to a local tree farm to cut down our Christmas tree. This year we ended up in Ellington at Dzen's newest plantation on Sadds Mill Road. There were so many great trees that it was hard to choose one. Rebecca tends to move our living room around every couple of years so the location of the tree moves which dictates the size and shape of the tree we cut down. This year we were looking for a thin tree as it is going in the corner of the room. While we always find one close to the parking area we try to make the most of our outing and search all over running to and fro until we find the perfect tree. This year about 30 minutes into our adventure we found a tree we all liked but thinking we might find one better we kept looking. Once we realized that we should have stopped with that tree we all began to search frantically for that tree again, usually I will place a hat or glove on it so we can find it again but this year I only put a mark in the ground which turns out is a lot harder to locate. Because it was the perfect tree I was able to find it amongst all the other trees and seeing my mark on the ground verified it was the correct one! As is the norm we all posed for pictures with it, unfortunately I forgot my tripod so we didn't get one with all of us at the same time, a mistake I promise I won't make next year.














Alex asked if he could help with the sawing down of the tree this year. The only thing that would have made our outing better was if there was some snow on the ground but we still had fun making memories and even stopped for mint hot chocolates before going home which I think will become part of our annual outing from here on out too!



1 comments:

Kim said...

I like the idea of adding mint hot chocolates to your family tradition!