CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, November 8, 2012

The click of the shutter is music to my ears.

Rebecca and I don't usually go crazy with lots of presents for each other on our birthday's or Christmas. Usually we end up purchasing something that was needed or wanted but outside the normal realm of daily spending. The past year Rebecca has caught me looking at camera's and began to inquire about what I was interested in. I have been living off of point and press camera's ever since the age of digital cameras was ushered in and my 110 camera was no longer a valid option. I have to admit though that I don't miss dealing with rolls of 35 mm. film, although I think we still have a few rolls hanging around that never got sent out for developing. I was torn between getting a Nikon or a Cannon but didn't want to have to get another job to pay for it. After reading hundreds of reviews I found the Cannon Rebel series and had my heart set on the EOS Rebel T3. It was everything an aspiring photographer would need and was fairly simple to use out of the box with lots of options to use as I advanced. I was a little surprised when I found out that I was actually getting it for my birthday present from Rebecca and the kids and began nagging every day since if there was any updated tracking information. This morning I was extremely excited when Rebecca let me know that it was on the truck for delivery - Today I would finally own a real camera.

I don't think the Fed-Ex driver had made it back to his truck before I started unpacking the camera and all the extras that came in the bundle purchased for me. I placed the battery on the charger and read through the manual and CD-ROM's that came with it. I played with the two tri-pods and different lenses then finally, after what seemed like an eternity the green light came on the charger letting me know I could finally start taking pictures. I installed the battery and the memory card into the camera and as soon as it finished formatting the memory card I began clicking away. Here are some of the pictures I took tonight of our fall bouquet and the inside of the wood stove. Pretty good for a novice don't ya think!












I am looking forward to sharing many more high quality pictures with you from this day forward!

1 comments:

Jackie said...

totally jealous!