CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mothers Day!

Yes, without them we would not be here! - Dad's, don't worry we will have our praises sung later in the year, Today is all about Mom!

We had a nice family lunch today at our house. The weather was beautiful so we enjoyed the afternoon out on the deck. My mom, R's mom, Nina, and Jackie were all in attendance.

There is a special bond between Mother and Child that God has planted deep within and it is a bond that I am very grateful for. I have great memories of time spent as a child with my mother - going to the ocean, lunch on Wednesday afternoons at the local Chinese Restaurant, weekly grocery shopping, arts and crafts, the list goes on and on! Now that I am older (I still have a hard time with becoming an ADULT!) I have developed memories of times spent with Gay and Nina as they are part of the family and I look up to and have great respect for them for how they raised and nurtured their children as well. I enjoy watching Rebecca and Jackie interact with their kids and thank God that we all have each other as family.

Thank you Mom (Carol) for raising me the way you did.
Thank you Mom (Gay) for accepting me as a son - not just a son-in-law.
Thank you Nina for moving back to the North East - it means more than words can describe, having you here to be part of our lives as well as the lives of the grandchildren!
Thank you Jackie for putting up with my antics and giving me a cute niece and handsome nephew.
Last but far from least:
Thank you Rebecca for being the worlds best mom to our children, I am amazed when I watch you with the kids and can't imagine raising them without you. XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOX

I think taking the time to celebrate our mothers once a year is far from being enough so make sure you tell them regularly that you not only love them but that you appreciate them as well.

2 comments:

Jeff and Michelle said...

What a lovely Mother's Day post! I just wanted to check in and let you know that I peruse your blog every once in a while too, and that I appreciate your comments on mine. It's nice to know that someone's paying attention!

Anonymous said...

Thank you Charlie for the Wonderful Mother's Day Lunch!!! The fellowship was great and, of course, time watching the grandkids playing and having fun is always great, too. The calendar was a great gift. I have it hanging in the house for those who enter my home to see. Thank you for the wonderful comments you made----raising you was fun and I enjoyed our special time at the beach, Chinese restaurant, etc. more than you will ever realize.
Mom