CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, May 22, 2008

Signs of summer



Here is a quick video I took tonight. It's of one of the male hummingbirds that visit our house every year, drinking nectar from our feeder.
We really enjoy having them around year after year and they have become relaxed with us being around them.
Last year I was late with putting the feeders out and as I was sitting on the deck one afternoon one of the males began hovering in front of my face chirping at me all the whole time as if to say; "What are you waiting for? I'm hungry!"
This year they let me know they were back by buzzing my head while I was mowing the lawn last week.

2 comments:

Jackie said...

that is just too cool. and good job catching that on video! very impressive.

Anonymous said...

Roger and I are now beginning to think about feeding hummingbirds now, too. Might as well, we feed every other kinds of bird known to mankind!!!
MOM