CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, May 11, 2008

Yankee Doodle Back In Town.

Home, not home on the range, I'm home in the hills where the deer and the coyote's play, where seldom is heard a southern accented word and the grass seems to require cutting each day!

I am trilled to be back home in the Northeast even though I was welcomed back by Mother Nature with surprisingly cold and gloomy weather and a lawn that seems to be daring me to try to mow it.

Despite getting homesick while I was away, my trip to the Tar Heel State went quite well. I enjoyed the time I spent with my adopted family and friends. I went to the local sportsman's Gun & Knife show, spent an afternoon target shooting with my friends and their kids which was very enjoyable, it's always cool to watch kids learning about the sport of plinking and take part in teaching the next generation that guns are not bad - the people who use guns to do bad things are the problem!


Like my many trips before I enjoyed all the Southern health food (BBQ, Ribs, Hot Wings, French Fries, Pickled Pigs Feet, Biscuits with Sausage Gravy, Grits, etc...) and conversation with friends around the table.


I have my adopted family (The Grabowski's) who let me stay at their house on the weekends so I try to do my part to help out around the house - which this trip was putting a swing set together to get the kids out of the house and away from the video game council (just like at home)! This also gave Jim and I the TV all to ourselves both weekends to watch the NASCAR race! Kyle finished in 1st place one week then 2nd place the next!



0 comments: