CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

A change of plans

We received a call today from the hatchery to let us know that they were sold out of Silkie chicks. I must admit we were disappointed at the news but that emotion was short lived. The lady gave us several options for replacements and we decided on the breed called "white crested black polish". We had discussed this breed in the past and a lady about a mile down the road has one which always puts a smile on my face when I see it out in her yard rounding up the hens on my way to work in the morning. I guess part of me is attracted to the breed due to "hair envy":) The research I did on them says that they are great as pet/show birds who love attention - something that won't be hard considering their commanding appearance. We were informed that they will be shipping on Ariel's Birthday and I have already informed our local post office who said they will call me as soon as they arrive, around 5:30am! I am very excited and look forward to posting pictures of our flock as they grow from helpless little chicks into fluffy pets, providers of Saturday breakfast, and the occasional organic Sunday dinner!



0 comments: