CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

CHARLIE & THE TERRIBLE, HORRIBLE, NO GOOD, VERY BAD DAY


It's a dangerous world out there - well, actually I'm just a klutz!

Taken from one of my favorite movies: "Someone is having a case of the Monday's"


I realize that today is Tuesday but I really don't think it matters any more. Yesterday (Monday) I decided to clean my shower/tub with a new bathroom cleaner I purchased recently. My first mistake was that I assumed it didn't have anything toxic in it as it was an Arm & Hammer product! I decided to be a true "Mr. Clean" and scrub my shower till it was sparkling clean.

Normally I am more cautious but for some reason my smart brain cells were on holiday and I was about to pay the price.

As it turns out the cleaner I was using had bleach but the fumes were not very noticeable in the beginning. I climbed into the tub and began scrubbing, the overhead fan was on and all was well with the world. Within a minute or two I felt like someone had poured acid down my throat and into my nasal passages. I immediately removed myself from the room and went outside to get some fresh air. I decided to stay home from Karate class due to the fact I could only take short and shallow breaths and kept myself relaxed and in bed. In my mind I just kept telling myself, "I'm just having a case of the Mondays and tomorrow will be a better day!" Boy was I fooling myself.


This morning I awoke to the sound of birds chirping and the ability to take a full breath despite my chest muscles being sore - aah the joys of Tuesday. All seemed to be going well until my work phone began ringing and I rushed into the house to answer it. In my mad dash I stepped on one of my darling son's toys causing me to loose my balance momentarily, when I stepped onto my other foot my ankle rolled under my weight and it made a loud popping sound which Rebecca heard across the room! I thought today was Tuesday!!!!


I'm starting to feel like the little boy in the book, "ALEXANDER AND THE TERRIBLE, HORRIBLE, NO GOOD, VERY BAD DAY "


With the help of Ibuprofen and a good ace bandage I am able to hobble around quite well so even though the past two days have been rough I keep reminding myself that tomorrow is Wednesday which is a whole new day!
Oh, in case your wondering; yes I would like to go to Australia but only for a vacation not to live forever!

2 comments:

Jackie said...

you know your just trying to best me. admit it--you're looking to get your own pair of crutches. i hope you didn't do anything horrible to your ankle and i hope alex still has a hide on him (since i'm sure you told him to put his toys away).

Anonymous said...

Well, son, I remember when Chris Grimaldi gave that book to me and I thought it was sooooooooooo funny but when it happens to a family member (especially an immediate family member) it is not funny anymore. Hope you have an x-ray of your foot to make sure it is OK.
Love,
Mom