CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, November 18, 2007

Celebrate good times!

Happy 33rd Birthday to me! Actually it was 2 weeks ago but due to my work schedule we decided to celebrate today. One of our family traditions is we get to pick our entire B-day meal which sounds easy but I try to do something different every year while trying not to be too difficult. This year I decided on cheese and crackers with seafood chowder and pineapple upside down cake for dessert. Normally I am not allowed to cook for my own party but I really wanted to make the chowder and Becky finally gave in. You see when I was in culinary school I made a seafood newburg that was amazing and wanted to see if I could succeed at making something even better without following a recipe and worrying about a passing grade. Normally I don't like to blow my own horn but all I can say is "darn I'm good" clams, shrimp, lobster, scallops, bacon - Yummy! It was nice to sit down with my family and enjoy a meal together. The cake was a hit also it was exactly what I wanted, the problem I have is that there is less than a year to decide what I want for my 34th B-day meal. Thank you to my family for being an active part of my life and that of my children, I love each one of you and cherish every moment we have together. Thanks for putting up with me (especially Jackie!) as I know I have my moments. For everyone who wants the recipe for the chowder I have autographed copies available for a reasonable monetary donation. : )

2 comments:

lr said...

I've got your, "reasonable monetary donation" right here budy!!! If you think you are going to get away with holding that recipe hostage, you've got another thing coming. I've got no qualms about resorting to physical violence to get another taste of that chowder.

Anywho, it was waaaay better than you are letting on. It was quite amazing. It was so good it was like a hobbit birthday.

Happy Birthday bro!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday my second born son. The youngest in the family and the one I got to spend a lot of time with. Your birthday meal was unforgettable. I loved it and so did Roger. He was quite impressed!!!!!