CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Thanksgiving one day early.

Hurray, Thanksgiving came a day early. I got out of work in time to go hunting for an hour and a half today and I am glad I did. As you can see by the pictures I got my first deer of the year. It dressed out at just under 150 lbs with 3 points for antlers. The best part is Rebecca doesn't have to worry about me being late for the Turkey Day meal this year. Thank you Mr. and Mrs. Grant for letting me hunt on your property, thank you Grandpa for the family gun, and thank you to my friends and family for putting up with me every hunting season, now I can go and shave my beard.
To my dad:
As always, Missing you, Wish you were here.




4 comments:

lr said...

congratulations! Mmmmmmm stew.......

Charles and Rebecca said...

Thank you. Oh and don't forget the steaks, burgers, roasts, chicken fried venison patties, etc... - just think of Forrest Gump and substitute venison for the shrimp.

Sensei Mitch said...

Is that an eye-patch in the second to last picture?! I knew it! You are a Pirate!!

;)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I'll have to get some of the recipes you mentioned. Chicken-fried venison patties sounds yummy. Love, "Auntie Debbie"