CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Mama, what's vacation?

"Forrest my son, vacation is when someone goes away and never, ever comes
back."

If only vacation from work really worked that way, Mrs. Gump always had a way of putting things so that Forrest could understand but she didn't really know what vacation "was".
Well today was the first day of my vacation and I enjoyed the entire day in God's wonderful creation deer hunting on a family friend's farm. It was a very relaxing day even though there were no deer to be seen. Tonight was special as I saw 3 different owls, there were 2 barn owls flying together and they almost landed in the tree I was sitting in which made the experience very up close and personal. Earlier in the afternoon I had a great horned owl fly past my stand and as I was leaving while standing in a large hay field while talking to the land owner I saw another one swoop down and catch a rabbit which is always exciting. Hopefully I will be able to post pictures of a harvested deer soon but until then if I'm not writing you will know where I am, In the Woods!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello There - Thanks for sending me the link to your blog. The name fits your family perfectly. I know that you will get your deer soon. You always come thru. Hopefully, it won't be on Thanksgiving morning. Wasn't there a story behind that???? Love you all much - "Auntie Debbie"