CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, November 16, 2007

Venison, its what's for dinner.



Finally a crisp, cold morning and a great one at that. I got up early and went to pick my best friend Jayson up (the muffin man he is not as I had to call him multiple times while I was sitting in his driveway in order to wake him up from his peaceful slumber) we decided to hunt private land together as I didn't want to hunt private land by myself and he was feeling the same way about hunting state land alone. There is a special bond formed between friends when out hunting together. As many of you know my father passed away when I was a teenager and the memories I have of going hunting with my dad are special to me and I have a lot of emotions that surfaces this time of year from deep within. While driving to our hunting spot we enjoyed listening to some of our favorite 80's music. When we pulled into the property we were planning on hunting there was the majestic deer we were after, laughing as he walked away ever so nonchalantly, at least this time I wasn't locked in the back seat of the truck! I took Jayson and put him in the stand I have been using this year and proceeded to go to my alternate stand. The wind was very strong (I actually had a tree fall and hit me tonight but that's another story) and about 30 minutes after I settled in I received a text from Jayson telling me he was getting sea sick in my stand, so I decided to call him to see if he wanted me to tell him another location and much to my dismay he didn't answer my call-then KABOOM! Yup you guessed it Jayson with stomach doing flip flops managed to shoot a beautiful 7 point 130lb deer. Hopefully I will have my own success this year but for the time being I will reflect on a great day in the field with a friend and his good fortune.

0 comments: